Welcome to Joylandia, my tifle blog.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

TIFLE Thoughts...
A little over a year ago I had never really thought about incorporating technology into my teaching. I was having enough trouble just figuring out how to teach! I was also very anti-powerpoint (for the language classroom) when it was brought up in my methods class, thinking that a key part of learning is to see a process (the way you can on a board). So here I am now, using powerpoints every day in class and taking a class on TIFLE. I am excited to learn how I can use technology to enhance, not replace, my teaching style. I have found ways to do that with powerpoint, I think: giving students photos, quick lists, and even animation that is memorable and visual while still working out "language problems" and conjugations on the board. I am aprehensive about the problems that using too much technology can present, like eliminating face-to-face interaction and good old fashioned pen-and-paper writing. So I will not be seduced into being replaced by robots or voice activated video games, etc. I do want to keep my job. But yes, I am learning so much about the possibilities and will keep my mind wide open. Yay TIFLE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home