Welcome to Joylandia, my tifle blog.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Wikilandia

I am still a little nervious about the idea of incorporating wikis into my classroom. I had a bad experience this semester when I created a community Yahoo Briefcase to share PowerPoints with my students-- someone went in and erased them--twice. And if these are university students, they should, supposedly be more mature and responsable than highschool ones. I had a good time seeing the wikis that are out there and being used for classes, although many of the links we were given in class were expired. I was especially impressed with Matt Barton's TikiWiki, which had some great features like polls, discussion boards/student blogs, lots of links, etc. And had a great "look" to it-- a lot like a normal website. But I was also overwhelmed looking at it; it looks like a ton of work and hard to maintain. But I am definitely going to keep exploring Wikilandia and see what it has to offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home